St Mary's Woodend
SERVICES DURING COVID19 RESTRICTIONS:
LIVE ON FACEBOOK AT 11.00am EACH SUNDAY
Anglicans first worshipped on site of the current church in a small wooden building from 1859.
By 1864 a decision was made to replace it with a more substantial bluestone building built in a Gothic architectural style. The church was then added to in stages as funds became available. The first tower was built in 1898 followed by the second taller tower known as the 'Peace Tower' in 1929 and finally the vestry was added in 1903.
St Mary's Woodend is renowned for the magnificent stained glass windows by William Montgomery.
A full history of St Mary's is available from the Woodend & District Heritage Society
"Walls Two Feet Thick" - Janet Hawkins. $15.00
This detailed work tells the story of a much-loved building, and of many of the people who have worshipped there over many years. It also records all the monuments and plaques and the changes to the furnishings of the building from 1859 to the present time.
Sundays: 11.00am (Family Service every first Sunday of the month)
Rev'd Melissa Clark
Ph 0411 722 718 or 5427 4565 email@example.com